My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Monday 17 February 2014

Happiness #9 Grant happiness time.

I can’t say that I have ever been really unhappily, although I have often been so depressed it borders on depression, getting older has made things better and has been a blessing to me.
I tilted 40, is well on the way to 50, and life just gets better and better. Now, my career isn’t all that, but I have a job I think is pretty OK. It’s often mentally challenging, but that’s not necessarily negative. It keeps me young at heart ... At least that’s what I like to imagine.

I have settled down more, accepted my life and become more established. Not only in terms of material things, but also as a person. The chase I felt urging me on when I was young (not even sure what I chased after) is gone. Now I rush more to keep house, home and family in a good drive. I have more peace of mind, and it makes me more harmonious, because I have set my values ​​and my morals. Maybe we are talking about a lifestyle that works for me, and therefore gives me enough of a challenge for me to feel I am realizing myself.

To realize myself have become more important than spending all my free time trying to look good. It never quite worked for me... I don’t really look like a tragic case, either. But I do not use too much time on my appearance. Still, I have to admit I yesterday did something completely new, I've never done this before and it's so amazing: I bought a set of false nails at the pharmacy! And they are (as far as I am concerned) amazing!

BUT. Now that I‘ve turned 40, my employer desided to remove all parking spaces for cars, mid-life crisis arises and since I have been mother of young children for 18 years, I wanted a venue that only had room for me and my wallet. All this happens about the same time, and I meet these days making an old, secret dream come true: to ride heavy motorcycle! I contacted a driving school and said I have zero experience with bikes, I’ve barely sat on a motorcycle before, but now I want you to teach me how to ride one.

So he did, and he’s still at it. Driving hours are somewhat sporadic, both because the season is short here in Norway, and hours have been canceled / postponed due to schedule, substitute lessons, sensor assignments ... the bike was condemned and the driving school must buy a new one (no, it wasn’t me). It’s okay, though; I enjoy myself every time I have driving lesson. Challenging myself with squiggly and sneaky driving and the feeling of pride when I ride flawlessly and get some praise. I'm not too old to appreciate praise from experts, it warms.

Being 40+, established, children are more independent and I have an account for riding lessons... just the thought that there is something new and exciting on hold in front of me is merely beautiful!
I have no idea what the right answer to what happiness really is, but ... although I shiver and tremble with freezing cold (perhaps not that strange as it is, after all, winter, and the wind has been whistling cold and hard for over a month now) spring is already well underway within me. I thaw and feel warmer inside, and although this is not the correct definition to what happiness is, I am sure it applies?


No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?