My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Friday 20 May 2011

Shortcomings?

I am supposed to review end of term tests and exams, and if I have a break I should write on my paper, which is due soon, for this semester on my master’s degree.
Instead I fell into thoughts about how stupid I was to start a new blog when I never post anything there.
I do not suspect many miss my postings, but it has something to do with the feeling of going through with what you start.

Shortcoming is a word I more and more often identify myself with, not just as far as this blog is concerned, but life in general.
Woman Snoring at Her Desk clipartLast night I had this incidence at home which made me realize it is not just me; I surround myself with people who help me fail. Yet, there is an expression I have written on the wall in my bedroom, it is the first thing I see every morning as I wake up: "There is an expression for being almost late; it is called "On time!"" (Actiually I have two quotes on my bedroom wall, the other one is "Enjoy the silence!")

Yesterday I started off like normal, doing all the things I usually do with the usual features of chaos. Things get done, it is just the way they are accomplished which is a bit off normal standard (or so I think?), and everything went on as expected… even if I felt like running my feet off to manage. (Thinking about it, knowing it has come to the point of being a lifestyle, I do not really mind anymore: We laugh, love and live. Noone can ask for more, I think.)

At 10:15 pm, my oldest son told me he wanted snack for his exam, which is today. 5 minutes later my 10-year old told me (shouting from his bed) he needed a broccoli for his excursion, which is today, and his fishing rod. How can I ignore the request from school he is to bring a vegetable for the fishsoup the class is to cook outdoors while on a fishingtrip? I turned in the stairs, coming back down as I mentally waved good bye to going to bed early just this once. The grocery store closed in 20 minutes so I rushed to the car, drove to the store, got everything they wanted/needed and got back home by 11:10 pm.
And then the fishing rod… I found the one I have been planning to fix for the last year, but I had no line for that one, so it was no use. I knew I had two others, but where were they? An hour later I found them right where I looked for them to begin with. Is it possible to have selective blindness?

To make a long story short(-er): I had it all lined up by the time they went for school. I dropped the little man off at the kindergarten and got to work on time. So, where is the shortcoming in this story? Sleep! I need sleep. I need to feel a bit younger, fresher, fit for fight, not to mention I really do need some beautysleep.
Appearance can turn out to be a shortcoming too, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?