My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Thursday 31 October 2013

Promised prosperity


A friend of mine has a blog where he writes about Love, Life and APBA Baseball. The other day he posted some thoughts on online love, or rather: how people’s potential search for love can be set to a test:

Love In the Spam File

Not long after I read this text, a letter dropped in my inbox on Facebook:

“Hello
I don't have another way to communicate with you by sending you this mail. I am in despair and my heart bleeds at the time or I make you this message which I hope will hold your attention.
I am contacting you today as true that we do not know this prevents this gesture on my part. Among many of profiles transected, you are the only person that I trust and I made my choice. I am madame Elisabeth FAVEUR aged 68 years, widow residing in London for health reasons. I take this opportunity to make you a very important proposal and confidential. I speak to you as that widow married fire Mr.D. F., a telecommunications engineer who unfortunately is
He died in a plane crash. For some time, I feel more good.
Since the death of my husband, I was overtaken by events, to the point that I can't get out me. Now, I sick and hospitalized. The reason that drives me to you is this: I would like to go through your channel to do charity.
It is a gift somehow and it amounts to the sum of EUR 20 million deposited by my late husband at a bank in West Africa more precisely in Togo. My marital status is that currently I am widow and still fewer children to whom I
could this legacy, and I am currently a throat tumor suffering I am therefore condemned to death according the nurse. That is why, soon would I and graceful manner in order to help the needy children give you this said inheritance that you use 70% of the sum to achieve this work of charity and the rest for you.
I beg you to give an ear to my proposal because I count on your good will and also the proper use of these funds for this work.
You can answer me directly via my private email (mme.exxxxxxxxfxxxxx@gmail.com) the most consulted for more of details or contacted me by phone at the hospital or am I currently hospitalized:

Waiting for your quick and prompt response for more for details.
Best regards
Mrs. E. F


In hidden text the contact information was added:
+44 7x xx xx xx 36
E-mail: mme.exxxxxxxxfxxxxx@gmail.com
Tel: +44 7x xx xx xx 36

London (United Kingdom)”

According to one of her many facebook accounts, all with the same picture of her, she went to London School of Business and Finance (LSBF). Which is, indeed, a very fine school. Or so I have heard.
There must be a lot of extremely skilled students there, financial experts too, who would love to take on the huge responsibility it is to use 70% of EUR 20 million on the work of charity and get EUR 6 million in pay for the effort. After all, all she wants is for the money to be used in the name of good, right?
I have never met this lady, I doubt she knows anything about me… well not much anyway. But she (if this is indeed a woman, that is) has been on Facebook screening profiles and found I am trustworthy enough to administer EUR 20 million. I bet she thinks I have the skills to do so, based on my blond hair.
The nurse told her she is dying, she is on her deathbed, desperate to do some good with the money. Who am I to deny her the peace of mind knowing the fund would be taken good care of would give her?
She even gave me her contact information, so I can get in touch and find out what to do to get my hands on the money, which is deposited in a bank in Togo by her late husband, who was a telecommunications engineer.
I never knew telecommunications engineers made that kind of money. Can’t help but thinking I have chosen the wrong line of career.
Encouraged by the sum of money in store for me I tried to call the number several times, but got no answer. Considering my eagerness to lead an easy life in prosperity, and the good prospects of becoming a full time philanthropist, with only good intentions in mind, I think I will call again. After all: who knows what kind of conmen would otherwise get their hands on the money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?