My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Thursday 10 January 2013

Life on the sunny side...

Mother and Daughter Shopping Together - Vendor: Clipart.comI was so provoked today reading an interview with a celebrity billionaire's wife and at home mum. I could literaly feel exasperation fuming inside, feeling she was patronizing the average mum because we don't do well enough.

She stated that she thinks she sees far too many mums who give up when they get a child. She doesn't think that is healthy. The body requires even more work out as you get older. You just have to get a grip and pull yourself together. She gave an outline of her life as an at home mum to a 9-months old daughter. Highlighting how she maintained herself and her body, and the help she got from help in the house (cleaner), au pair and her own mother.

Maybe I am jealous, maybe I wish I was an at home mum with energy to get up and knit and have a cup of coffee at 5:30am... But I honestly don't think so. It is no secret I moan a lot about how my life sometimes feels like a constant roundabout. I feel stuck in a stress mess which never seems to slow down because new issues always appear on the stage of life. Being dead honest I have to admit I chose my own life: education, work, children, house, friends, lifestyle, values... I lay my own bed and frankly; I think that, in spite of everything, life is quite good.

BUT! There is always a "but". It is abnormal to be fully content, isn't it? There has to be some pebbles to even out the score. To be too happy in life would create a worry thet something must go wrong, and it will happen any time soon... In my mind I am thinking that the easy-life-mum probably have just as many problems to deal with as anyone else, they are just of another nature than mine.

Exhausted Businesswoman Running on a Treadmill - Vendor: iClipartSo, if I can reconsider my priorities, shuffle my schedule about a bit, buy a new pair of shoes (I have no training shoes, so that alone is a BIG boost and motivation for what I am going to consider as a lifechange) and really make up my mind to be serious about it: I think I could do this. Don't think I will go over the top and set high goals; I have this notion that if I am to do something it must appear manageable both practically feasible and timewise.
After all: She is right! Mums should set off time time to work out more (or in many cases: to start work out and get some training fitted into their everyday life).
They say training create energy to cope better, and if I get this done my kids should benefit from it.

To not feel guilty for bodily decay, to get in shape and look better are all good reasons, but perhaps not the drive I need to follow it through.

Writing this I started feeling pretty pleased with the new born idea that all the clothes in my wardrobe, which I keep for later when they will fit, some time in the future, perhaps, by miracle, will fit me and look good IF I actually do this.

Cartoon of a Stressed Out Mom - Vendor: iClipartThe best thing, perhaps, about it is that it creates a legal reason to get some time on my own. Noone nagging, noone calling my name, a perfectly acceptable reason to not answering the phone... in short: peace and quiet to clear my mind and sort things out in my head. Time to think things through, and get done with issues I ponder about, but never really get off my mind.

It never came up in the interview, but I think that the best reason to start working out would be to lighten my load, get it off my chest and carry on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?