My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Monday 14 January 2013

In Doubts...

Last time I wrote on here, I launched the possebility of me starting to train and work out. Inspired by the prospects of the first online shopping spree of the year, I logged on to a very nice sports’ online store and bought two pairs of insanely super-cool looking running shoes. Can’t wait for them to get here.


Well, in the meantime... while waiting for the shoes to arrive the postal office, I have to admit the enthusiasm is kind of cooling off.

I can’t expedite a shock-treatment in the form of an unexpected jump start, due to the fact I have been told (I am sure I have, honestly) that it can be damaging to feet to run in high heels.

I totally ignore the warning when late for something, but feel my new resolution does not justify the hazard.

So, I wait. I am sure the mere exitement when the shoes arrive will awake my willpower once again, but when you read up on stuff, all kinds of dangerous info sneak in, and shake your determination to the depths of your being.

If I sit in my livingroom watching TV I burn about 56 calories an hour, which means I can watch TV for 5 hours instead of walking fast for half an hour... the choice is really hard.

The point is: just by living I burn calories, so why should I expose myself to agony and shame over my bodily decay, for everyone to see? I have found other changes which may have bigger impact on my waistline....
An example:

Snickers, Mars*

Calories in 100g of Snickers
Calories 511.0 cals
Carbohydrate 54.5g
Protein 9.4g
Fat 28.4g
Fibre 1.2g
Calories in a bar (62.5g) of Snickers: 319.0 cals

So, in order to eat a Snickers chocolate, I would have to sit in class for 5 hours, digging/spading dirt for a full hour or run (fast jogging pace) for half an hour to burn the calories. So, I am thinking: why train, when you can just leave the sugar out?

Calorie counter
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/alcohol.htm?from=menu

Calories burned in 30 minutes
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?