My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012, A New Year!

A New Year: To many; hopes of a new beginning. Tired Housewife Carrying a Load of Laundry Clipart Picture

I found out, perhaps a bit late (but then again I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, to put it mildly), that  New Year Resolutions when people say they are going to change, to become better, to do better than they did before, is a swindle.

The membership you pay for at the gym will cost the same, whether you go or not, and if you are anything like me it turns out to be money out the window. In many ways the story of my life.

Anyway; two years ago I was very keen on losing some weight. Yes, I am a heavy girl, and you may notice I use present tense… the membership, which ended up costing me US$ 500, did not do any good for my body, and I went twice, during the 18 months my membership lasted.
Thinking about it each session cost me US$ 250. I doubt anybody, not even mega celebrities, pay that much for their work out. They end up with super bodies… I got nothing of the sort. Quite a scam I would say.
I really should complain about the missing results of my exclusive membership.
My sweat should have been bottled and valued to a higher price than Bollinger! Not sure what use it should do, but it sure would have been exclusive liquid. Especially since I can’t even remember if I even did break out a sweat.

This year I have no New Year Resolutions…. Apart from doing better at work, being a better mum, cook more healthy food (preferably 3 course dinners), dress better, become more attentive, look better (yes, I have seriously considered wearing make up on a regular basis), keep my house tidy and clean at all times, become a better friend and explore more.
These are not New Year Resolutions, these are just the results of reflections I just happened to do on my life these days.

Tired Woman Holding a Giant Cup of Coffee Clipart Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?