My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Friday 28 September 2012

drugs...

Working with teenagers for quite a number of years, and trying to stay updated on the news and what goes on in society in general, I never stop ruminating on the problem of drugs.

The large-scale production, the ruthless exploitation of people, the brutality often discovered in connection to it and the careless attitude to everyone and everything else than your own wealth I understand. I am so totally against it, but I see there is motivation in the income you may profit from it.
Money brings out the worst in people. History and today’s society show that money is the most powerful force of motivation. People think that money can buy everything and everybody, and it is, I am sad to say, true. Corruption is a huge problem around the world. (Another thing I ponder about, but that issue I save for another day.)

I like to think my biggest asset is my friends and all the friendly people I surround myself with. They back me up whenever I have good times or bad times. They support me when changes in my life occur. And it is mutual. We nourish eachother showing we enjoy being together and take part in eachothers` lives.

Anyways, back to drugs.
Just to put one argument dead: I recognize the high feels good. Never been there myself, but I trust expertize on that one.

What I just do not get, is why people end up trying drugs that first time, and why they end up continuing using.

Yes, I already stated that the high is good, but the high wears out. Most likely the urge to get another one becomes overwhelming, and the way you behave to get it will hurt the ones you love. So maybe it is not important to you if you hurt the ones who love you as long as you get to satisfy your own wants. Maybe you do not care wether people around you are affected in a bad way because you make selfish choises. (The bad effects are really not unknown to anyone, they are presented to everybody and talked about even in kindergarden.)

The result of using drugs, with no exeptions as far as I know, is that you end up alone and lonely. Fellow users are just as selfish as you are, and they stay friends for as long as it serves their own purposes. There is no profound loyalty or love among “friends” who stick together solely to get what they want the easiest way. When times get rough they flee faster than your head can spin.

I have not even started on issues like health (both mentally and physically), crime related problems and disclaiming responsibility of any kind.

It just seems to be such a waste when you see beautiful young people burning the bridges to everyone and everything which would have otherways helped them become the best version of themselves. And I so believe in a good life depending on your pride in yourself.

The signs of drugabuse really show how badly drugs affect the people around you, and how it harms the ones using. The link below shows the most common ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?