My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Monday 14 May 2012

playing on my half of the field


I am blessed to have friends who represent all layers of society.
It is not so (or at least I don’t find it to be true) that we need to have a lot in common to get along well; the most important thing is to respect the fact that we all, each and every one of us, has made choices and live by them. Sometimes we do not feel we have a choice, but at the end of the day there is. We make decisions all the time; Some serve us well, and others bring difficulties into our everyday life we never asked for, but which still bring us grief, or at least render more difficult hinders.

I love people who do not fit into reputable boxes defined by society. I like it when people stand out and are true to themselves and who they are. It is not easy to be “different” but I admire the bravery.

sexy woman holding a rose silhouette - Vendor: Acclaim Images 0110And yet, I have a couple of friends who really annoy me. We have had heated conversations on their lifestyle versus mine.
When we part, it really irks me how they make sense even though I so wish they were wrong. I go through our conversations with a wry smile on my face and just snigger. I love them to pieces, and I really think they think the world of me, but I will never admit to how lovely I think they are.

Cartoon of a Man Dressed Up Like a Woman - Vendor: iClipartSo, what is it about these friends which irritates me? They are cross-dressers, or transvestites if you will, and they look gorgeous! Becoming colours on both hair and clothes: so bright and festive it is annoying. What they wear always has a great cut and their make-up is always flawless: hands and nails are done to perfection and their shoes and handbag are just as thought through as their nail polish, lipstick and blush rouge.

Woman flirting - Vendor: Rosie Piter 0071Bugger me! I am the woman, I am the one who should be stunning and behave like a lady. I am the one who should make heads turn…

I think that being a woman should include a gene for impeccable taste in style.  
Instead I face shuttering defeat every time I meet up with these friends and go out for a meal. I have reached the point where I have to deal with competition from heterosexual men who look better than me, when they look like women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?