My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Thursday 9 February 2012

Downfall of men

When I was a kid I learned a nursery rhyme. As far as I know all languages have a version of this riddle:
Humpty Dumpty poem
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses, And all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!
Alternative Words...
Humpty dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty dumpty had a great fall;
Threescore men and threescore more,
Could not place Humpty as he was before.

Nooooooooooo! One Stop HumourThese days, to me, this riddle/nursery rhyme/poem has been added another answer. It is not an egg (as we would often say); to me this has become an illustration of what happens to a man in high position or with authority who makes the wrong choices. Because it is men, who now face the downfall caused by their actions. It is men, who think sex is something they are entitled to regardless of other people’s feelings or integrity. This isn’t something new in history; men have at all times failed to resist their wanting, their lust, their desire to satisfy their needs when it comes to women (or men, for that matter; some so young they are underage even).
Women have at all times held the power of sex. Samson’s great weakness was a beautiful woman called Delilah. She had been promised a great sum of money if she could discover the secret to his incredible strength.
To be seduced by a woman is not new in world history, neither is rape where a man (I know women do too, but this is still not out in the open) takes a woman against her will.
It doesn’t cease to amaze me how many men do the same mistake of not acknowledging the meaning of the word “no”. I know some men have the notion of “no” actually means “yes”, but you know what? Out of respect of women in general: if a woman says “no” understand it as if she really means “no” at all times! Even when she really means “yes”. If she feels deprived of something which could have been good, well: Tough!
I give my money, time, attention, care and effort to a great deal of people and organizations. What I own and what I am are resources to those I surround myself with and causes I believe in. My sexuality is the one thing I insist on having the right to give to the man I choose at a time I choose. We must always keep in mind the expressions “consenting party” and “consenting adult”.
Too many forget these are the two rules we follow when it comes to having a sound and safe sexuality with no risk of wrecking homes, hurting people we care for and love and causing our own downfall.

From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own.  ~Syrus

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?