My collection of wise, and not so wise, postings

Friday 30 December 2011

Truth?

I am not very good at talking too often to the same person... but I talk a lot to different people.
Professional hazard, I suppose, but it gives me insights in truths I never thought I would agree to, and more important: I have discovered that the truth I believe in is not the same truth as you believe in and consider true.
Talking to different people makes me aware we all have different baggage, different experiences, other values and morals and it all adds to the final conclusion we form in our mind, based on our consciousness, to be what things or issues are like.

I always tell the truth, I never lie. Not because I do not see the obvious advantages it could grant me to serve a white lie, or to spruce the story to fit in better with the current situation, but because I am way too distracted and easy to confuse... I even confuse myself at times... Often.
Anyway; in order not to paint myself into painful and troublesome corners, I stick to the truth so I know and remember what I said last.

However... since I tell my version of the truth, does it make me more trustworthy than someone not that careful with what version of the story they tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?